We would love your support! Please vote! Thanks :)

Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Birthday Gift

So I have been wondering what to get Drake for his 1st birthday.  For Christmas I already knew what I wanted months in advance.  I had heard about it on the mothers forum I belong to and heard great things about it.  The starting age was 6 months which was what Drake was turning in December so it was perfect. (In case you were wondering what I got him here is the link) But I havent been as lucky with Drake's 1st birthday gift.  I have a few ideas but nothing I really love.  I went on to Amazon this morning to browse around for some ideas

Ok words cant describe how awesome this ship swing looks!  Even I want to climb aboard and give it a whirl!  Sadly there is no space in our current home for this (and the price tag is rather high so Ill have to start saving my Swagbucks)  Still what child's eyes wouldnt light up at sight of this?




And if youre little captain is just a wee bit too tiny to sit upright there is always the option of reclining inside and watching the colorful sail billow above them




And then I came upon this delightful play tent.  Once again I dont really have the space or money for this item, and also Drake wouldn't really appreciate it at this age, but I just had to post about it.  One day when my house is larger and my wallet bigger Ill find a way to get this for Drake.  I had a play tent growing up (nothing like this beauty) and spent plenty of afternoon hours in their having tea parties, reading books, and even the occasional sleep over with a friend.



 Next is this water play table.  Drake loves playing with water and can stand up supported.  Im not sure if want to have a water table inside though especially with hard wood floors and once again space is an issue.  Still its a definite possibility for the future as Im sure its a toy that will amuse him well through his toddler years.  





My original idea had always been to get him some kind of rider, either for him to ride himself, or one we could put him in and pull.  I figure if size was an issue I could always keep it at my mother's house and use it in the summer to walk around the neighborhood with him

Turns out there are quie a few options whether it be car, truck, or plane










I kinda like this one because its has the handle in the back so I can push him when he is younger and he can pedal himself with his feet when he is older





Of course if Im going with the idea of me pulling him maybe I ought to opt for this cool ride.  Might get longer use out of it as I can place a second child in there later on.





So needless to say Im even more stumped as to what to get Drake for his birthday.  What are/ or did you get your little guy for their 1st birthday?  Do you have any suggestions for me that I havent thought of?

I am always on the lookout for new boy products so if you have any feel free to contact me at ohboydrake@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. That ship swing is awesome! I'm still thinking about what to get Sammy for his first birthday, but I'm leaning towards a bike seat so we can take some rides together once the weather gets nicer. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've picked out a xylophone and a tambourine for Dean. I'm out to make him a musical kid, and he has to learn how to play the guitar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog and think it is a great idea. I am always looking for cute and cool boy stuff for Liam.

    This is what we are planning for his first birthday in May but your ship swing has given me something else to think about.

    http://www.amazon.com/Smart-Trike-Deluxe-Green-Black/dp/B002ECE3IM/ref=sr_1_3?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1300203456&sr=1-3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m impressed, I have to admit. Rarely do I come across a blog that is both equally educative and amusing, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head on this topic. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete